Vertizine® Tablet 25 mg, each tablet contains : Cinnarizine 25 mg.
Vertizine® with Cinnarizine as active ingredient is available in tablet 25 mg.
- Supportive therapy for labyrinth disturbances e.g..peripheral vertigo, dizziness, nystagmus, tinnitus, nausea and vomiting.
- Motion sickness prophylaxis.
- Supportive therapy for cerebrovascular disorders symptoms e.g..dizziness, tinnitus, vascular headache, unsociability and irritability, loss of memory and lack of concentration.
- Supportive therapy for peripheral circulation disorders e.g., Raynauld’s phenomenon, acrocyanosis, intermitten claudication, tropic disturbances, and varicose ulcers, paraesthesia, nocturnal cramps, cold extremities.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
- Cerebral circulatory disturbances : 3 x 1 tablet 25 mg.
- Peripheral circulatory disturbance : 3 x 2 – 3 tablets 25 mg.
- Balance/disequilibrium disorders : 3 x 1 tablet 25 mg.
- Motion sickness :
Adult : 1 tablet (25 mg) 2 hours before travelling, and ½ tablet can be taken every 8 hours during travelling.
Chlidren (5-12 years) : ½ the adults dose.
It is advised to take Vertizine® after meals. The maximum recommended daily dose is 225 mg. As known Vertizine® effects in vertigo depend on dose, it recommended elevate the dose gradually.
Cinnarizine are contraindicated in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to this drug and Parkinson’s disease.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- As with other antihistamine agents, Cinnarizine can cause epigastric disturbances, if used after meals can reduce gastric irritation. In the beginning of therapy, Cinnarizine can cause somnolence. Caution must be observed if taken simultaneously with Alcohol and antidepressants agents.
- Use in pregnancy and lactation :
Although studies in animal, Cinnarizine have not demonstated teratogenic effect, but as other drugs, Cinnarizine can be used only in pregnancy if therapeutic effect is bigger than its risk in infants. No data available on Cinnarizine excretion in the human breast milk. Breastfeeding is not recommended during teatment with Cinnarizine.
- Effects on the ability to drive or operate machinery :
Drowsiness can occur, especially in initial treatment. Caution should be observed during activities e.g., driving and operating machinery.
In.acute.overdose.case.(2.100.mg).in.children.4.years.have.been.reported.occur.vomiting, drowsiness, coma, palpitasi, hypotonia, recovery was uneventful.
There is no specific antidote. In 1 hour after overdose, gastric lavage should be done.
Activated charcoal should be given if necessary.
Vertizine® Tablet 25 mg Box, 10 strips @ 10 tablets Reg. No. DKL8502306010A1
STORE BELOW 30OC, PROTECT FROM LIGHT
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia