Sucralfate Suspension, each 5 ml contains : Sucralfate 500 mg.
Short-term treatment (up to 8 weeks) of duodenal ulcer.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
Usual adult dose : 10 ml, 4 times a day, on empty stomach (1 hour before meal and at bedtime).
Therapy should be continued unless healing has been demonstrated by endoscopic or x-ray examination.
There are no known contraindications to the use of Sucralfate.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- Sucralfate should be administered with caution in chronic renal failure and dialysis patients.
- Sucralfate should only be used during pregnancy if clearly needed.
- Sucralfate should be administered with caution in lactating women.
- If required, Antacids may be administered 1/2 hours before or after Sucralfate administration.
- Safety and effectiveness in children have not been established.
DRUG INTERACTION :
Sucralfate may reduce the extent of absorption or bioavailability of Cimetidine, Ciprofloxacin, Digoxin, Ketoconazole, Norfloxacin, Phenytoin, Ranitidine, Tetracycline and Theophylline. Patients should be advised to take these drugs 2 hours before Sucralfate administration.
ADVERSE REACTIONS :
The occurrence of side effects is very rare, relatively often reported only constipation and dry mouth. Other adverse reactions were diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, gastric discomfort, flatulence, pruritus, skin rash, sleepiness, vertigo, back pain and headache.
Sucralfate Suspension Box, 1 bottle @ 100 ml Reg. No. : …
STORE BELOW 30ºC, protect from light
After opening the packaging, the suspension solution is stable for 3 days at temperatures below 30ºC.
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia