Diakids® Syrup 20 mg/5 ml, each 5 ml (a measurement spoonful) syrup contains : Zinc sulfate monohydrate equivalent to Zinc 20 mg.
Diakids® contains Zinc sulfate monohydrate (equivalent to Zinc) available in syrup 20 mg/5 ml.
Diakids is complement treatment for diarrhea in children under 5 years of age, always in connection with the use of ORS solution.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
- Infant between 2 and 6 months of age : 1/2 measurement spoonful (2.5 ml) to be administered everyday for 10 consecutive days (even if diarrheal episode has stopped).
- Children between 6 months and 5 years of age : A measurement spoonful (5 ml) to be administered everyday for 10 consecutive days (even if diarrheal episode has stopped).
In the case of vomiting within 1/2 hour following the intake of drug, give another new one.
Hypersensitive to Zinc.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- No particular precaution is necessary for the use of Zinc sulfate in this dose.
- Give along with ORS or mother’s milk.
- During diarrhea, Zinc supplement and ORS should be administered.
- Nursing mother is recommended to keep breast-feeding or increase frequency of breast-feeding during and after diarrhea.
- Although no serious acute and chronic toxicity has occurred due to consumption of Zinc, but this drug should not be used more than 14 days since Zinc can form chelates with copper.
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
- Co-administration with iron can cause adverse reactions, so the use of these drugs should be a few hours before or after the use of iron.
- Zinc salt consumption may decrease the oral absorption of Tetracycline and Quinolone (e.g., Ciprofloxacin and Norfloxacin), so as to decrease the effects of anti-infective. Concomitant consumption should be avoided or there should be time period in the consumption of these drugs.
ADVERSE REACTIONS :
- The toxicity of Zinc in oral administration, in adult can occur at dose more than 150 mg/day (about 10 times of the recommended dose) during long period.
- High dose of Zinc for long period can cause the decrease of lipoprotein plasma concentration and copper absorption which can lead to anemia, neutropenia and other consequences.
- Other adverse reactions that usually happen are nausea, bitter taste, vomiting and irritation of the mouth.
Diakids® Syrup 20 mg/5 ml Box, bottle @ 60 ml Reg. No. DTL1802358037A1
STORE BELOW 30ºC, PROTECT FROM LIGHT
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia