Benocetam® Capsule 400 mg, each capsule contains : Piracetam 400 mg.
Benocetam® containing Piracetam as active ingredient is available as capsule 400 mg, film coated caplet 800 mg and 1200 mg.
- Involution syndrome related to ageing : Memory deficits, asthenia, adaptation disorders and disturbed psychomotor reactions.
- Post traumatic syndrome : Cerebral dysfunction to post traumatic sequelae (headache, vertigo, agitation, memory disorders, asthenia).
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
- Psycho organic symptom related with elderly : Initial Piracetam orally dose : 2.4 grams daily, divided in 3 dosage for 6 weeks, following with Piracetam 2 gram daily (maintenance dose) divided in 3 dosage.
- Post trauma symptoms : Initial piracetam orally dose : 800 mg, 3 times daily. Decrease Piracetam dose in stages until 400 mg, 3 times daily when get the therapy effect.
Treatment duration :
In some acute case, Piracetam effect shown immediately, but in other cases improvements occur on the third weeks. To accelerate the improvements the treatment should be continued.
- Severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance < 20 ml/minute).
- Cerebral hemorrhage.
- Hypersensitivity to Piracetam.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- Use with caution in patients with renal dysfunction as Piracetam as Piracetam is excreted by the kidney. Therefore, the monitoring of renal function should be done in those patients.
- Sudden withdrawal of treatment should be avoided since this could cause myoclonic or sudden attack in some myoclonic patients.
- The evaluation of the some benefits of treatment should be done during pregnancy as well as during lactation (since the safety for use has not been established).
Benocetam® Capsule 400 mg Box, 10 strips @ 10 capsules
Reg. No. DKL8802313201A1
STORE BELOW 30ºC
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia