Sultrimmix® Suspension, each 5 ml (a measurement spoonful) suspension contains : Sulfamethoxazole 200 mg and Trimethoprim 40 mg.
Sultrimmix® with active ingredient Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim are available in tablets 480 mg, caplets 960 mg and suspension 240 mg/5 ml. Sultrimmix® suspension contains Sulfamethoxazole 200 mg/5 ml and Trimethoprim 40 mg/5 ml.
- Urinary tract infections such as pyelonephritis, pyelitis, acute and chronic prostates caused by sensitive microorganisms like : E. coli, Klebsiella, Enterobacter and Proteus mirabilis.
- Gastrointestinal tract infections, especially caused by Salmonella and Shigella, such as, typhoid fever, paratyphoid and bacillary dysentery.
- Respiratory tract infections such as acute bronchitis and acute sinusitis caused by H. influenzae and S. pneumoniae.
- ENT infections such as : Acute otitis media and acute sinusitis caused by H. influenzae and S. pneumoniae.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
For 2 months of age and over :
|Body Weight||Every 12 hours|
|10 kg||5 ml (1 measurement spoonful @ 5 ml)|
|20 kg||10 ml (2 measurement spoonfuls @ 5 ml)|
|30 kg||15 ml (3 measurement spoonfuls @ 5 ml)|
|40 kg||20 ml (4 measurement spoonfuls @ 5 ml)|
- Dosage for patients with impaired renal function :
15 – 30
½ usual dosage
- Patients which known sensitive to Sulphonamide or Trimethoprim.
- Babies under 2 months.
- Megaloblastic anemia patients caused by folic deficiencies.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding woman, because Sulphonamide can pass through placenta and excreted in breast milk and caused kernicterus.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- When using this drug, drink a lot of water to avoid crystaluria.
- Patients with renal impairment, the dosage should be reduced. The administration should be with long interval to avoid drug cumulative effect in blood.
- Routine blood checked, recommended when this drug used in a long period, because it may caused blood dyscrasia.
- Not recommended for pharyngitis caused by β-hemolytic Streptococcus group A.
- Stop Cotrimoxazole usage if skin rash or other serious side effect appeared when using this drug.
|Sultrimmix® Suspension||Box, 1 bottle @ 60 ml||Reg. No. DKL8302332133A1|
STORE BELOW 30°C, PROTECT FROM LIGHT
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia