Sultrimmix® Tablet, each tablet contains : Sulfamethoxazole 400 mg and Trimethoprim 80 mg.
Sultrimmix® with active ingredient Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim are available in tablets 480 mg, caplets 960 mg and suspension 240 mg/5 ml.
- Urinary tract infections such as pyelonephritis, pyelitis, acute and chronic prostates caused by sensitive microorganisms like : E. coli, Klebsiella, Enterobacter and Proteus mirabilis.
- Gastrointestinal tract infections, especially caused by Salmonella and Shigella, such as, typhoid fever, paratyphoid and bacillary dysentery.
- Respiratory tract infections such as acute bronchitis and acute sinusitis caused by H. influenzae and S. pneumoniae.
- ENT infections such as : Acute otitis media and acute sinusitis caused by H. influenzae and S. pneumoniae.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
- Adults and children over 12 years :
|Usual dosage (for 10 – 14 days)||2 x 2 tablets daily||2 x 1 caplets daily|
|For long therapy dosage (>14 days)||2 x 1 tablets daily||2 x ½ caplets daily|
|For severe infections||2 x 3 tablets daily||2 x 1½ caplets daily|
|Uncomplicated gonorrhoea (for 2 days)||2 x 4 tablets daily||2 x 2 caplets daily|
Taken this drug in the morning or evening after meal and drink a large amount of water.
- Dosage for patients with impaired renal function :
15 – 30
½ usual dosage
- Patients which known sensitive to Sulphonamide or Trimethoprim.
- Babies under 2 months.
- Megaloblastic anemia patients caused by folic deficiencies.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding woman, because Sulphonamide can pass through placenta and excreted in breast milk and caused kernicterus.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- When using this drug, drink a lot of water to avoid crystaluria.
- Patients with renal impairment, the dosage should be reduced. The administration should be with long interval to avoid drug cumulative effect in blood.
- Routine blood checked, recommended when this drug used in a long period, because it may caused blood dyscrasia.
- Not recommended for pharyngitis caused by β-hemolytic Streptococcus group A.
- Stop Cotrimoxazole usage if skin rash or other serious side effect appeared when using this drug.
|Sultrimmix® Tablet||Box, 10 strips @ 10 tablets||Reg. No. DKL8302303010B1|
STORE BELOW 30°C, PROTECT FROM LIGHT
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia