Piracetam Film coated caplet 800 mg, each film coated caplet contains : Piracetam 800 mg.
Piracetam containing Piracetam as active ingredient is available as capsule 400 mg, film coated caplet 800 mg and 1200 mg.
- Involution symptoms related with elderly : Memory impairment, asthenia, adaptation disorder, psychomotoric reaction interference.
- Post trauma symptoms : Cerebral dysfunction in connection with post trauma effect (headache, vertigo, agitation, memory interference and asthenia).
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
- Psycho-organic symptom related with elderly : Initial Piracetam orally dose : 2.4 g daily, divided in 3 dosage for 6 week, following with Piracetam 1.2 g daily (maintenance dose) divided in 3 dosage.
- Post trauma symptoms : Initial Piracetam orally dose : 800 mg, 3 times daily. Decrease Piracetam dose in stages until 400 mg 3 times daily when get the therapy effect.
Treatment time :
In some acute case, Piracetam effect shown immediately, but in other cases improvements occur on the third weeks. To accelerate the improvements the treatment should be continued.
- Patient with severe renal insufficiency (creatinin clearance < 20 ml/min)
- Cerebral hemorrhage patient.
- Patient with hypersensitivity to the component of the drug.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- Use with caution in patients with renal dysfunction as Piracetam is excreted by the kidney. Therefore, the monitoring of renal function should be done in those patients.
- Sudden withdrawal of treatment should be avoided since this could cause myoclonic or sudden attack in some myoclonic patients.
- The evaluation of the potential benefits of treatment should be done during pregnancy as well as during lactation (since the safety for use has not been established).
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
The concomitant administration with thyroid extract may cause confusion, irritability and sleep disturbances. Therefore, Piracetam should be administered with caution in the presence of hypothyroidism or thyroid supplementation. Other drug interactions were not described.
ADVERSE REACTIONS :
- Nervousness, irritability, insomnia, anxiety, tremor and agitation.
- Some patients may complain about tiredness and somnolence. This reactions are seen more often in the elderly with dosage above 2.4 g/day.
- Gastrointestinal disturbances (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and gastralgia), headache and vertigo have been reported.
- Dry mouth, increased libido, accelerated body weight, most of dermato-hypersensitivity reactions have occasionally been reported.
|Piracetam Film coated caplet 800 mg
Reg. No. GKL0602338509A2
|Box, 10 strips @ 10 film coated caplets|
STORE BELOW 30ºC
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia