Phenobiotic® Dry syrup 125 mg/5 ml, each 5 ml (a measurement spoonful) suspension contains : Thiamphenicol 125 mg.
Phenobiotic® contain Thiamphenicol as active ingredient, is available in dry syrup 125 mg/5 ml and capsule 500 mg.
Phenobiotic® is indicated for infections caused by :
- H. influenzae, especially meningeal infections.
- Gram negative bacteria which cause bacteremia-meningitis.
Not for hepatobilier and gonorrhoeae.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
Adults, children, infants > 2 weeks : 50 mg/kgBW a day in divided doses, 3 – 4 times daily.
Preparation of Dry Syrup :
Add 50 ml aquadem to the bottle and shake well until evenly suspended. Keep container tightly closed. After reconstitution, store suspension below 30oC and use within 10 days. Shake well before use.
- Patients who known to be hypersensitive to Thiamphenicol or Chloramphenicol.
- Patients with severe renal or liver impairment.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- Not recommended for infections of unknown cause.
- Not recommended for mild infections, e.g., cough, flu, influenza, throat infection.
- Should not be used for prophylaxis of bacterial infections.
- Blood cell counts must be done before Thiamphenicol therapy.
- In prolonged treatments and when high doses are needed, it is advisable to perform periodical blood examination.
- Should not be used for pregnancy and lactating women, because Thiamphenicol may across the placenta and excreted in breast milk.
- Caution should be taken when given to patients with renal impairment (dose should be reduced).
- Care should be taken for possibility of superinfection from bacteria and yeasts.
- Caution should be exercised when prescribing to premature and newborn babies (< 4 weeks).
- Treatment should be discontinued if reticulocytopenia, leucopenia, thrombocytopenia or anemia occurs.
- Duration of use should not exceed the specified time limit.
|Phenobiotic® Dry syrup 125 mg/5 ml||Box, 1 bottle @ 60 ml||Reg. No. DKL8302301038A1|
Phenobiotic® Dry syrup :
STORE BELOW 30ºC, PROTECT FROM LIGHT
Phenobiotic® Dry syrup : After reconstitution, store suspension below 30ºC and use within 10 days. Shake well before use.
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia