Metrox® Tablet 500 mg, each tablet contains : Metronidazole 500 mg.
Metrox® containing Metronidazole is available in tablet 500 mg.
- Urethritis and vaginitis due to Trichomonas vaginalis.
- Amoebiasis (intestinal and hepatic amoebiasis).
- Prevention of post-operative anaerobic infection.
- Giardiasis due to Giardia lambliasis.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
It is recommended to take the tablet during or after meal.
- Adults, intestinal amoebiasis : 750 mg, 3 times daily for 5 to 10 days.
- Adults, hepatic amoebiasis : 750 mg, 3 times daily for 5 to 10 days.
- Children : 35 – 50 mg/kgBW/day, divided into 3 doses, for 10 days.
- To prevent reinfection of Trichomoniasis, spouse of a patient should be given the same dosage regiment.
- Adults : 2 g, given either as a single dose in one day or 500 mg, 2 times daily or 250 mg, 3 times daily for 7 consecutive days.
- Children : 15 mg/kgBW daily, divided into 3 doses, for 7 to 10 days.
- Adults : 250 mg to 500 mg, 3 times daily, for 5 to 7 days or 2 g daily, as a single dose for 3 days.
- Children : 5 mg/kgBW, 3 times daily, for 5 to 7 days.
Anaerobic bacterial infections :
- In serious infection, Metronidazole intravenous has to be given as an initial treatment.
- Adult : 7.5 mg/kgBW, every 6 hours (± 500 mg for a 70 kg adult), maximum : 4 g daily, for 7 to 10 days.
Dose of Metronidazole up to 15 g may cause overdosage symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and ataxia.
Treatment for Metronidazole overdosage : Supportive or symptomatic treatment.
- Hypersensitivity to Metronidazole or to other N
- During the first trimester of pregnancy.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- Used with caution in nursing mothers as Metronidazole is excreted in breast milk, during first and second trimesters of pregnancy as Metronidazole crosses the placental barrier.
- Used with caution in patients with central nervous system diseases. Disturbances of central nervous system has been reported in some cases but disappeared if therapy is discontinued or dose decreased.
- Taking alcohol during Metronidazole therapy may cause abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache, flushing.
- In prolonged Metronidazole administration, it is recommended to perform hematological tests.
- Dosage should be reduce and administered with caution to patients with hepatic disease.
- Safety and effectiveness in pediatric patients have not been established, except in the treatment of amoebiasis.
Metrox® Tablet 500 mg Box, 10 strips @ 10 tablets Reg. No. DKL1902358510A1
STORE BELOW 30ºC, PROTECT FROM LIGHT
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia