Gentamicin Sulfate Cream 0.1%, each gram contains : Gentamicin sulfate equivalent to Gentamicin 1 mg.
Gentamicin Sulfate with active ingredient Gentamicin sulfate (equivalent to Gentamicin) is available in cream 5 gram and 15 gram.
For the topical treatment of both primary and secondary skin infections due to susceptible bacteria to Gentamicin. Not to be used for the prevention, because the bacterial causal is unknown.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
A thin film should be applied to cover completely the affected area, three or four times daily until favorable results are achieved. The affected area may be covered with a gauze dressing. Crusts should be removed before application.
Infected stasis ulcers have responded well to Gentamicin under gelatin packing.
Concomitant treatment of the skin around the ulcer with a topical corticosteroid helps to control inflammation.
- Hypersensitivity to any ingredient.
- Infections caused by virus and fungi.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- Discontinue treatment if irritation or hypersensitivity develops.
- Overgrowth of non-susceptible organisms may occur; should superinfection develop, discontinue treatment and initials appropriate therapy.
- Systemic absorption of topically applied Gentamicin may be increased if extensive body surface areas are treated, especially over prolonged time periods or in the presence of dermal disruption. In these cases, the undesirable effects which occur following systemic use of Gentamicin may potentially occur. Cautious use is recommended under these conditions, particularly in infants and children.
- Not for ophthalmic use.
ADVERSE REACTIONS :
- Topical use of Gentamicin has produced transient irritation (erythema and pruritus).
- Possible photosensitization has been reported in several patients but could not be elicited in these patients by re-application of Gentamicin followed by exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
Gentamicin Sulfate Cream 0.1% Box, 25 tube @ 5 gram Reg. No. GKL2002362029A1
Gentamicin Sulfate Cream 0.1% Box, 25 tube @ 15 gram Reg. No. GKL2002362029A1
STORE BELOW 30ºC
The product can be used for 30 days after the packaging is opened
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Sidoarjo – Indonesia