Fungistop® Film coated tablet 500 mg, each film coated tablet contains : Griseofulvin 500 mg.
Fungistop® containing Griseofulvin as active ingredient is available in 500 mg film coated tablet.
Fungistop® is effective against dermatophytes causing ringworm (tinea) including Microsporum canis, Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton verrucosum and Epidermophyton spp.
Treatment of fungal infections of the skin, hair, and nails when topical therapy has failed or is considered inappropriate.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
- Adults (including the elderly) :
The usual dosage is 500 mg daily in single or divided doses after food.
In severe conditions, up to twice this amount may be given, reducing to the lower level when a clinical response has occurred.
- Children :
The daily dosage is 10 mg Griseofulvin/kg body weight in single or divided doses after food.
The duration of treatment depends on the type of infection and the time required for normal replacement of infected tissues.
- Fungistop® is contraindicated for patients with established porphyria, hepatocellular failure or lupus erythematosus and related conditions.
- Fungistop® is contraindicated for pregnant women.
- Hypersensitivity to Griseofulvin.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- Should be use with caution in long term administration since it can induce hepatomas and thyroid tumours.
- There have been occasional reports of dizziness and confusion with impaired coordination. Should be use with caution in patients to drive and operate machinery.
- Woman should not become pregnant during or within one month of treatment with Griseofulvin; if they do, they should seek genetic advice.
- Griseofulvin may damage sperm cells, males should not father children during treatment or within six months of completion of treatment.
- Safety in children of nursing mothers has not been established.
Fungistop® Film coated tablet 500 mg Box, 10 strips @ 10 Film coated tablets
Reg. No. DKL8502310617A1
STORE BELOW 30°C
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia