Chloramphenicol Capsule 250 mg, each capsule contains : Chloramphenicol 250 mg.
Chloramphenicol contains Chloramphenicol as active ingredient available in capsule 250 mg.
- Primary choice for the treatment of typhoid and paratyphoid.
- Severe infections caused by :
- Salmonella Sp.
- H. influenzae (specifically meningeal infections).
- Lymphogranuloma – psittacosis.
- Gram negative bacteria – meningitis infections.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
- Adult, children and babies ages above 2 weeks : 50 mg/kgBW/day given in 3 – 4 times divided doses.
- Babies ages under 2 weeks : 25 mg/kgBW/day in divided doses.
- Patients with known hypersensitive to Chloramphenicol.
- Patients with severe impaired liver function.
- Patients with severe impaired renal function.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- Not recommended for pregnant women and lactating mother because of the safety has not been proven.
- For long-term use needs periodically hematological examination.
- Used only for an obvious cause of infection, unless there is a possibility of severe infections.
- It is necessary to monitor the possibility of superinfections with bacteria and fungi.
- Caution should be exercised when given to patients with renal and liver insufficiency, premature and new born babies (first 2 weeks).
- Should not be used for prophylactic of infections, treatment of influenza, cough and colds.
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Chloramphenicol inhibits biotransformation of other drugs that are metabolized by the hepatic microsomal enzymes e.g., Dicoumarol, Phenytoin, Tolbutamide and others Sulphonylurea derivates.
ADVERSE REACTIONS :
- Blood dyscrasia especially aplastic anemia, which could be serious and fatal.
- Gastrointestinal disturbances, e.g., nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Other hypersensitive reactions, e.g., anaphylactic, urticaria.
- Grey syndrome in new born babies, especially premature babies.
Chloramphenicol Capsule 250 mg Box, 10 blisters @ 10 capsules Reg. No. GKL9302319033A1
STORE BELOW 25ºC, PROTECT FROM LIGHT
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia