Allopurinol Tablet 100 mg, each tablet contains : Allopurinol 100 mg.
Allopurinol with active ingredient Allopurinol available as tablet 100 mg and 300 mg.
- Primary hyperuricemia : Gout.
- Secondary hyperuricemia : Prevents the sedimentation of uric acid and calcium oxalate, uric acid overproduction, such as in malignancy, polycythemia vera, cytostatic therapy.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATIONS :
Initial dosage : 100 – 300 mg daily.
Maintenance dosage : 200 – 600 mg daily.
The maximum single dosage is 300 mg. If required it may be given in higher dosage, maximum 900 mg a day. The dosage should be adjusted by monitoring the levels of uric acid in serum/urine with appropriate interval time until the desired effect is achieved for ± 1 – 3 weeks, or :
- Mild condition : 2 – 10 mg/kgBW daily or 100 – 200 mg daily.
- Moderate condition : 300 – 600 mg daily.
- Severe condition : 700 – 900 mg daily.
10 – 20 mg/kgBW daily or 100 – 400 mg daily.
Use in children particularly in malignant condition especially leucemia and abnormalities of certain enzymes, such as Lesch-Nyhan syndrome.
Patients with renal impairment :
The number and interval of administration should be reduced adjusted to the results of monitoring uric acid levels in serum.
For adult patients, use following doses :
|2 – 10 ml/minute||100 mg daily or with a longer interval|
|10 – 20 ml/minute||100 – 200 mg daily|
|> 20 ml/minute||Normal dose|
The recommended dosage in patients with dialysis :
Allopurinol and its metabolites are removed by renal dialysis. If dialysis need to be done more often, may considered an alternative dose administration of Allopurinol 300 – 400 mg immediately after dialysis without giving more among intervals of time.
The use up to 5 grams and 20 grams of Allopurinol have been reported. Signs and symptoms of poisoning are dizziness, nausea and vomiting. It is advisable to drink a lot to facilitate the diuresis of Allopurinol and its metabolites. If necessary, dialysis can be done.
- Patients who hypersensitive to Allopurinol.
- The condition of acute gout attacks.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- If symptoms of redness on the skin or allergic symptoms occurs, discontinue the treatment.
- Avoid use in patients with renal dysfunction or patients with asymptomatic hyperuricemia.
- In patients with liver damage, it is advisable to perform liver function tests periodically during the early stages of treatment.
- Risks and benefits of the use of Allopurinol in pregnant and breastfeeding woman should be considered against the fetus, infant or mother.
- Allopurinol may cause drowsiness. Use with caution in patients who have to work with full concentration, including driving and use machines.
- Allopurinol should be taken after meals to reduce gastric irritation.
- It is recommended to increase fluid administration during the use of Allopurinol to prevent kidney stones.
- If there is itching, anorexia and weight loss, liver function tests should be performed.
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
- Allopurinol may increase the toxicity of Cyclophosphamide and other cytotoxic.
- Allopurinol may inhibits drug metabolism in the liver, such as Warfarin.
- Allopurinol may enhance the effect of Azathioprine and Merkaptopurin, so that daily doses of these drugs should be reduced prior to treatment with Allopurinol.
- Allopurinol may prolong the half-life of Chlorpropamide and increase the risk of hypoglycemia, particularly in patients with impaired renal function.
- The effects of Allopurinol can be reduced by salicylate groups and uricosuric, such as Probenecid.
ADVERSE REACTIONS :
- Symptoms of hypersensitivity such as exfoliative, fever, lymphadenopathy, arthralgia, eosinophilia.
- Skin reactions : Pruritus, maculopapular.
- Gastrointestinal disorders : Nausea, diarrhea.
- Headache, vertigo, drowsiness, eye and taste disorders.
- Blood disorders : Leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, aplastic anemia.
|Allopurinol Tablet 100 mg||Box, 10 blisters @ 10 tablets||Reg. No. GKL9402319210A2|
STORE BELOW 30°C, PROTECT FROM LIGHT
ON MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION ONLY
Manufactured by :
Sidoarjo – Indonesia